Terms & Conditions
All prices (unless specified) exclude freight and GST and are subject to change without notice (Error & Omissions Excepted).
InfinityIT Ltd agrees to sell and the Customer agrees to buy the goods ordered through InfinityIT Ltd.
By placing the order for goods through InfinityIT Ltd you are deemed to accept the terms and conditions of sale.
- The purchase price is for goods supplied and packed and is exclusive of installation and maintenance.
- The price you pay will be increased by the amount of GST, other taxes and duties which may be applicable and insurance/freight/handling charges (except to the extent already expressly included in the price).
- We can revise our prices at any time prior to accepting your order.
- Purchase prices are given in New Zealand dollars unless otherwise stated.
- You are bound to pay us the price once we accept your order. A quotation does not give rise to a binding contract until you place an order which we subsequently accept.
- Payment is due by the 20th of the month following the date of invoice. We can alter the terms of payment with effect from the date that we notify you of such change.
- We can impose a credit limit on you at any time, and alter it at our discretion with effect from the date that we notify you of such change. If you exceed your credit limit, we can refuse to supply goods to you.
- If we at any time consider your credit worthiness to be unsatisfactory we can require security for payment.
- You cannot withhold payment or make any deductions from any amount you owe us without our prior written consent.
Returns and Cancelled orders
- All goods to be returned must have a Goods Return Authority issued by us. The issue of a Goods Return Authority does not guarantee that we will accept the return.
- Where a faulty product is returned and you have requested a Goods Return Authority within 7 working days of dispatch, and the returned product has not been used or opened or otherwise deemed unsaleable by us, you will be credited in full unless the return is due to an error by us. Freight charges will not be credited under any circumstances.
- Faulty goods will be subject to the normal return procedures for the specific brand being returned.
- Non-faulty product will require a Goods Return Authority, must be in saleable condition and will be subject to a minimum 20% restocking fee. Freight charges will not be credited under any circumstances.
- You will be liable for all delivery and insurance charges incurred in respect of returned goods.
Risk and Ownership
- Risk of any loss, damage or deterioration of or to the goods, passes to you on delivery, or if you state to leave goods at certain location, at the time the goods are placed there.
- Ownership of the goods remains with us and does not pass to you until you pay all amounts you owe to us or resell the goods in accordance with these terms.
While ownership of the goods remains with us:
- You must store them separately or clearly identify them as belonging to us.
- We authorise you in the ordinary course of your business to use the goods or sell them for full consideration. This authority is revoked from the earlier of the following:
- We deem your credit to be unsatisfactory;
- The occurrence of an Event of Default; or the time that we notify you in writing that this authority is revoked.
- We can enter the premises where the goods are stored and remove them without being responsible for any damage caused in doing so. We can resell any of the goods and apply the proceeds of sale in reduction of amounts you owe to us.
- If you resell or use the goods before ownership of the goods has passed to you, the proceeds of such sale or use shall be received and held by you (in whatever form) in Trust for both you and us. Our interest as beneficiary under that Trust shall be that portion of the proceeds which does not exceed all amounts you owe us. You will be entitled to the balance of the proceeds.
- We can bring an action for the price of the goods sold even where ownership of the goods may not have passed to you.
Where the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“Act”) applies:
- If the goods are acquired by you for business purposes you agree that the Act does not apply.
If you on-supply goods you must:
- do so on the basis that the Act does not apply where the goods are on-supplied for business purposes; and
- notify consumers that neither we nor any manufacturer undertake that repair facilities or spare parts will be available.
- You acknowledge that no Express Guarantees (as defined in the Act) are provided.
- If a claim is made directly against us by a consumer under the Act then you will refund to us the amount of any damages (up to the value of the margin you made on the goods in question) as we are required to pay to that consumer under the Act.
- Nothing in these terms is intended to have the effect of contracting out of the provisions of the Act except to the extent permitted by the Act.
- Except as otherwise required or prevented by laws including the Consumer Guarantees Act, Fair Trading Act, Sale of Goods Act and other Government legislation, or except as expressly provided under these terms, we are not liable for any claim in relation to any goods we supply to you (including as a result of negligence or otherwise) and all representations, guarantees, warranties and terms of whatever nature are completely excluded.
Repairs and replacements
We do not undertake that repair facilities and parts will be available for the goods. We will not be liable to repair or replace any defective goods and at our own discretion we may:
* notify the manufacturer of the goods of any defect notified by you; and * request the manufacturer to repair or replace any defective goods.
- If you do not pay the price by due date, we may charge a default penalty at a rate of 2.5% per month calculated on a daily basis on the unpaid portion of the price from the due date until payment is received in full.
- You will, on demand, pay to us any amount we incur (including solicitors and collection agency costs, court costs and disbursements) in recovering payment of any overdue account.
- If an Event of Default occurs, we may suspend or terminate any contract with you.
- If an Event of Default occurs, all amounts you owe us shall immediately become due and payable notwithstanding that the due date has not arisen.
An “Event of Default” means an event where:
- you fail to comply with the terms of any contract with us; or
- you commit an act of bankruptcy; or
- you enter into any composition or arrangement with your creditors; or
If you are a company:
- you do anything which would make you liable to be put into liquidation; or
- a resolution is passed or an application is made for liquidation; or
- a Receiver or Statutory Manager is appointed over all or any of your assets.
Use of information
- You agree that we (or other members of our group of companies) may obtain information about you from you or any other person (including any credit or debt collection agencies) in the course of our business, and you consent to any person providing us with such information.
- You agree that we may give any information we have about you relating to your credit worthiness to any other person, including any credit or debt collection agency, for credit assessment and debt collection purposes.
- You must notify us of any change in circumstances that may affect the accuracy of the information you provided to us or our group of companies. (If you are an individual, i.e. a natural person, you have rights under the Privacy Act 1993 to access and request the correction of any personal information that we hold about you.)
- We shall not be liable for any delays or failure in complying with any obligation imposed on us under any contract or for any loss or damage (including indirect or consequential loss of profits, data or damage) as claimed by you.
- Should any liability in relation to this Agreement (or the goods supplied under this Agreement) be imposed on InfinityIT Ltd for any reason, our total liability to you is limited to the price of those goods and services supplied by us to which the liability relates. We will not, in any case, be liable for any consequential or special damages, including loss of business profits.
- If we are unable to provide our obligations under the terms of this Agreement by reason of strike, lockout, riot, industrial action, fire, storm, operation of law or other cause beyond our control, then we are released from our obligations under this agreement.
You hereby indemnify and will keep us indemnified against all obligations and liabilities incurred by an act or omission by you in relation to this Agreement.
We have the right to cancel this agreement (without prejudice to any of its rights) immediately upon any of the events:
- If you cease or threaten to cease to carry on business; or
- If a receiver or similar officer is appointed in respect of all or any assets belonging to you, or you are unable to pay your debts when they fall due, enter into a scheme with your creditors or any steps are taken to place you into liquidation; or
- If you commit a breach of this Agreement and the breach is not remedied within 14 days of notification of the breach by us.
Upon termination we will be entitled to repossess and resell any unpaid goods within the term of terms risk and ownership. Termination shall not relieve you from any liability or responsibility that has arisen before the date of termination.
- These terms apply to all transactions where we supply goods to you.
- This Agreement supercedes the terms of all prior agreements, understandings, representations or warranties previously given by us or any agent of InfinityIT Ltd in respect of goods.
- if there is any inconsistency between these terms and any order submitted by you or any other arrangement with us, these terms prevail unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
- if at any time any provision of this Agreement becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable neither the legal validity nor enforceability of the remaining provisions shall in any way be affected or impaired.
* If we exercise or fail to exercise any right or remedy available to us, this shall not prejudice our rights in exercising that or any other right or remedy. Waiver of any term of the contract must be specified in writing by us and signed by an authorised person.
* You may not transfer or assign all or any of your rights or obligations under this contract without our prior written consent.
* This Agreement and its terms are governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of New Zealand. Both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
This returns policy is applicable to all purchases made from InfinityIT Ltd either online at www.infinityIT.co.nz or in store.
Changing your mind / purchasing the wrong product by mistake
If you change your mind after making a purchase, or realise you have purchased the incorrect item, you can enjoy the peace of mind that we offer a 7 day exchange policy.
If there is not a suitable product that can be exchanged for your returned item you will be offered a credit on your account or gift card based on the value paid at the time of purchase. Please note, items purchased on finance cannot be exchanged for a gift card.
To exchange a product, goods must be sealed / unopened, with packaging in original condition, and we will need to be notified within 7 days of purchase / delivery.
Incorrectly supplied products
If you have been accidentally supplied the wrong product, InfinityIT Ltd will supply the correct product (where it is available) or issue a credit / refund.
In order to supply the correct product, the incorrect product will first need to be returned to us. InfinityIT Ltd can arrange the collection of the incorrect product by courier if you purchased online.
In this scenario we will need to be notified within 7 days of purchase / delivery and the incorrect product supplied must be in resalable / unused condition.
Products damaged in transit
If your product has been damaged during transit to your delivery address we will replace your product, or issue a credit / refund where a suitable replacement is not available.
All returns of this nature must be made within 7 days of purchase / delivery and we can arrange the collection of your product by courier if you purchased online.
Products that are faulty upon arrival / first use
If the product you received is faulty upon arrival / first use, InfinityIT Ltd will either repair or replace your product, or issue a credit / refund where a suitable replacement is not available.
In order to repair, replace or issue a credit / refund for your faulty product, it will need to be returned to us so we can test and confirm that it is faulty.
All returns of this nature must be made within 7 days of purchase / delivery and we can arrange the collection of your product by courier if you purchased online.
Products that are faulty within the warranty period
If your product is faulty or has stopped working as intended and is still within the warranty period specified when you purchased your product, InfinityIT Ltd will repair or replace your product or issue a credit / refund where a suitable replacement is not available.
In order to repair, replace or issue a credit / refund for your faulty product, it will need to be returned to us so we can test and confirm that it is faulty. You may also be able to contact the manufacturer directly to arrange a repair / replacement.
Returns of this nature can be made any time within the warranty period and it is your responsibility to cover any costs of returning the product to us.
Testing fees and return freight
If you return a product to us that is not faulty, you may be liable for a testing fee and freight charges to return the product to you.
In some special circumstances including when products are sold to wholesale customers, we may agree (at our discretion) to accept a return of a product that is not faulty. In these situations there will be a handling fee equal to at least 20% of the goods value. Delivery, service and assembly fees are not refunded at all.
Our commitment to you:
InfinityIT Ltd values our relationship with you and we want to ensure it is nothing less than the best it can be.
We want to make sure that we provide you with the best possible service experience. If you are not happy with any aspect of the services we provide you we would like to hear from you so that we can quickly put things right.
Your rights as an InfinityIT Ltd customer:
- Treat you with respect, in a fair and courteous manner at all times
- Be clear in our communications to you
- Deliver on our promises
- Ensure that you have access to account information and the services we supply to you
- Have copies of our Terms and Condition available to you
- Make sure that information provided to you is accurate, up-to-date and in plain English
- Take all reasonable actions to provide services to you in a timely manner, acknowledging that there may be delays in providing service in certain circumstances we will, if delays occur, keep you informed
- Always comply with the law
How to let us know if you have feedback or a complaint:
If for any reason you are not happy with any aspect of the products or services we provide you we would be keen to hear from you as soon as possible so that we can put things right. Please contact us using one of the following options:
Phone: If you have time to talk to us about your concern you can use the following number:
Business/Home customers: 020 4128 7598 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
Post: If you’d prefer to write to us about your problem just drop us a line to the address below and we’ll call you. Please remember to include in your letter, your full name, postal address, and a daytime telephone number so we can get back in touch:
51 Douglas Street, Okitu
What happens next?
Once you’ve told
us about your concern we will investigate it and discuss a resolution with you.
If we can’t resolve it straight away, or if the issue is of a very complex
nature, we will give you an idea of how long it will take us to investigate the
issue. We’ll also let you know who will be managing it for you. Our aim is to
get your issue fully resolved within 20 working days.
Like you, we don’t want any delays in getting your concerns addressed. If the service you are complaining about is charged to you by another IT Company and not InfinityIT Ltd, we will not be able to investigate it. In this situation, you will need to contact that provider directly and they should be able to investigate for you.